Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy Halloween

This year the base-wide trick or treating was this past Saturday evening.  Unfortunately it was pouring down rain, but since it wasn't postponed (as I thought it should be) the girls got all dressed up and headed out to fill their pillowcases with as much candy as they could.

Due to our location in the world the bases over here are on much tighter security then they are in the states.  But on trick or treat night they open the gates and pretty much let anyone on.  This translates to A LOT of trick or treaters.  I bought enough candy for about 450 kids and I probably had about 30 pieces left over. 

Since we live overseas we had to order our costumes very early.  Taylor decided she wanted to be a skeleton and Lucy a butterfly.  I found a cool "punk skeleton" for Taylor and I found a fairy costume that had wings on it for Lucy.

On Halloween I always put makeup on the girls. It is the only time they are allowed to wear makeup out of the house so it is a big deal.  I had no problem with Lucy's butterfly makeup.  All pink.
Taylor's punk skeleton makeup was a little more difficult for me as I never went through any type of goth/punk stage in my life and I don't wear a lot of dark makeup.  I had a hard time making her look punk and not "beat up".  It turned out ok, but by the end of the night she pretty much looked like she had 2 shiners.
Lucy and dad waiting for Taylor's makeup to be done.
All ready to go out for some candy.

See what I mean about the shiner thing?  She is to cute to be punk anyways.
We live in a secure neighborhood so we allowed the girls to trick or treat by themselves and Russ and I stayed back to hand out candy.
I think the light behind us makes us look like we are in Heaven.
The girls had a good time despite the rain and we had fun giving out candy.  Our rule is eat as much candy as you want on Halloween night...just don't come complaining to mom when your belly hurts.  Candy for dinner...
but they did very good eating responsibly so they weren't sick.
Sorting and prioritizing their candy.

The next day I took all the extra candy into Russ' office so that I wasn't tempted to eat it.  I know my limits.


1 comment:

  1. I love ur hat...it looks so good on u. You gave away all the extra candy?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete