Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Happy 12th Birthday Taylor!

Taylor turned 12 at the beginning of July.  I can't believe I have a 12 year old going into 7th grade.  Not much makes me feel old, but writing that sentence just did.  We took a few of her friends out for pizza and karaoke.  They had a great time.
Here they are signing the YMCA.  All of them are doing the correct motions except the little one in the front.  She really goes to her own drumbeat.
Yep, that is Christmas paper in July.  We used what we had.  She didn't care what the outside looked like, she just wanted the gifts inside.
We got them to write "Happy 12th Birthday Taylor" in Korean on her cake.  Since we can't read or understand Korean we are hoping that is actually what they wrote.

Taylor has been saving for a long time for a Penny Skateboard and was so excited to get one for her birthday.  Russ has been "helping" (see the last picture) her practice and she has gotten pretty good.  I am impressed.
Oops, looks like she still needs a bit of practice.
He said he was "helping her learn how to skateboard".  Hmm, looks to me like he is playing on her skateboard while she takes pictures.
My baby girl is growing up.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,

    I came across your blog not too long ago... not even sure how, but I really enjoy watching your family's experiences and travels. I think there were two things that drew me to your blog. First, the fact that you have two girls that are the same as mine. I'm also a mother with two girls, ages 9 and 12. My older one just turned 12 on July 3, so maybe their birthdays are a day or two apart! Secondly, since I'm a Korean-turned-naturalized US citizen, I find it interesting to see what kind of cultural experiences and sights a non-Korean ex-pat would find fascinating. I thoroughly enjoy your pictures and captions and I guess find vicarious pleasure in all the fun things you and your family do. It's been some years since my family's visited Korea, so considering how rapidly things change in Seoul especially, it is entertaining and at the same time nostalgic to see the sights of my home town Seoul. Thank you for sharing!

    Sue from NJ

    ReplyDelete