Monday, March 24, 2014

Garden of Morning Calm-Winter

Since the first week we arrived in Korea I have been keeping a "bucket list" of all the things I wanted to do before we left the country.  My list has grown quite long and Russ and I are quickly realizing that our time here in Korea is flying by.

One of the very first things I added to my bucket list was visit The Garden Of Morning Calm.  It is a garden that is open year round.  In spring, summer and fall they have different flowers that are in bloom and it is supposed to be beautiful no matter what season you visit.  But in the winter there are no flowers blooming and so they light a large portion of the garden up with millions of lights.  In all the pictures I looked at it was beautiful.

Uncle Joe recently visited us for a few days and we decided this was the perfect time to check another item off my bucket list and visit The Garden Of Morning Calm.

I had read that over 600,000 people visit this garden every year, it one of the most popular tourist attractions in Korea and it is packed every weekend.   This weekend was no exception, thankfully we got there early enough that we beat most of the crowd, but by the time we left it was very full.

The garden was beautiful.  Unfortunately, my photos are from my i-pad and don't do it justice.  


 They had decks you could look out over the garden.
 This was an awesome tree.  We couldn't read the sign to figure out how old it was but it was massive.
 One last picture before we left the garden.
 On our way home we stopped for dinner.  Korea is famous for its fried chicken.  I am not a huge fried chicken person, but I love it here. 
 Another awesome Korean adventure.  I hope to make it back to the garden a few more times before we leave so that I can see it in other seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment