Wednesday, August 15, 2012

13 years and counting

This is a photo of a photo which is why it is a bit grainy...but you can still see how young we look!
Yesterday Russ and I celebrated our 13th anniversary.  It is crazy to think that we have been married for 13 years.  Our marriage is now a teenager.  :)  We have some wonderful, new friends here that volunteered to watch our girls while we went out for dinner.  I had heard about a place called Mad For Garlic that I wanted to try so we got all dressed up and set out to find it.  After only 1 wrong turn and a 2 block detour we found it.  Thankfully, it wasn't full and we got right in.  The food was awesome.  As you can imagine everything was coated in garlic so if you aren't a fan then this would not be the place for you.  I didn't take any pictures inside because it was really dark (ambiance lighting) but we took a couple afterwards.  It was pouring down rain as we left the restaurant and of course I didn't have my umbrella, so my knight in shining armor ran to a convenience store and bought one for me.

The last 13 years have been an adventure of the best kind.  It hasn't always been easy, in fact some of it has been very difficult.  But as we both look back over the past 13 years we can clearly see God's perfect hand of guidance in our marriage.  Neither of us were looking for a spouse when we set out to go to college in Cedarville, OH.  In fact, just the opposite.  Russ wanted to play soccer in school then move to the mountains with his dog and work.  I wanted to get a degree in Business then move back home to PA and start a business with my dad.  Oh my, how God had other plans for us. 

Some fun facts about our marriage:
  • Since we have been married we have moved 13 times. 
  • Four months after we got married we moved to Korea for a year to teach kids English.
  • Russ joined the Marine Corps after we had been married two and a half years.
  • We have traveled to 7 different countries outside of the US together since we have been married.
I am so very thankful that God, in His infinite wisdom, brought Russ into my life.  He is the perfect man for me.  When we first met we were opposite in many ways but as the years go by we continue to grow closer together and become more one.  I can't imagine doing the adventure of life without Russ.  I love him more then I can express with words and I look forward to what ever God has in store for us in the future.

We were laughing when we took this picture. 

See the ambiance lighting made for dark pictures.



1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, I am still waiting for you to show up so we can start that business together. Happy Anniversary and remember daddy loves you.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete