Monday, August 20, 2012

Splish Splash Water Park

One week we decided, with some new friends, to head down to another base that is a little over an hour from where we live to a small water park (it actually isn't that far of a drive but traffic is so terrible that it makes it a long drive).  Thankfully, the base provides an awesome bus service so for a very nominal fee I was able to sit on a bus and talk to my friend and not have to stress about the crazy Korean drivers or the traffic.

This was our first time using this particular bus system and the first time I had ever been to this water park, unfortunately I didn't do enough research before leaving on this adventure and quite a few things went wrong and it actually took us almost 3 hours to get to the water park.  Thankfully, the girls and I were with friends and the time passed quickly.

Now when I say water park, don't think of American water parks, this is really a large pool with 2 water slides, a high dive, a raining mushroom and a few things to climb on in the water.  But, we had never been there before and the girls thought it was awesome compared to the one very small slide and low dive we have at our base pool.
The girls were both really excited (and totally petrified) to jump off the high dive.  Lucy went first and surprised herself and me when she jumped right off of it.  Of course, I didn't get a picture the first time so she had to do it a second time for me to get her picture.
Check out that form!
Not wanting to be one-upped by her younger sister, Taylor wasn't far behind in overcoming her fear of the high dive.
Check out that form!
The girls both had fun playing in the water fountains.




 Thankfully, I didn't have to drive home either.  The bus made it a very stress free day for me.
After a fun day in the water, we are hot tired and ready to get on the bus to head home.

The girls and their new friends on the bus ride home.
It was a LONG day (we left the house at 7:30 am and didn't get home until almost 6 pm), but we had a great time and all look forward to doing it again next summer.

1 comment: