Saturday, September 15, 2012

Flower Market

This past summer we had the opportunity to do a little bit of sightseeing in Seattle before we flew out to Korea.  We visited Pike's Market and walked past numerous stalls filled with flowers.  At the time, I didn't think I would ever see more flowers, in one place, that were so beautiful and CHEAP!!   Unfortunately, because we were flying out the next day, I couldn't buy any.
Well, I stand corrected...I now think the flower market in Korea is the most flowers I will ever see in one place.  They were just as beautiful and CHEAPER!!

A few of my new friends and I ventured out one morning to the flower market that is just over the river from the base.  The market is set up to sell wholesale flowers more then individual sales, and so it actually opens around 1 am and by about noon they are starting to shut things down.  We arrived a little before 11, so things were pretty slow while we were there.  But there were still plenty of flowers for us to look at and purchase.


All these flowers are real.
There were 2 sides of the flower market, the right side was all real flowers and greenery.

Check out all the greenery and for the most part, it is all real.
On the left side were fake flowers (not the dollar store kind, but ones that looked real), glass vases and decorations.
We took this picture next to some fake flowers.
To be honest, it was all a little overwhelming.  I ended up just purchasing each of the girls some pretty roses for their bedrooms and a vase to go with each.  There were very excited with my purchase.  (They each got 10 roses and a glass vase and it cost me less then $18.00 total)
Yellow for Taylor and pink for Lucy.
But don't feel bad for me, I am very sure I will go back again to buy some flowers for myself.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment