Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Major Pound

"I, Russell Pound, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the
Constitution of the United States
against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and
allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any
mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and
faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter.
So help me God."
One last picture as a Captain before we left home.
The Marines in formation waiting for the General to arrive.
Sergent Major reading the promotion order.
Russ taking the officer's oath.
Russ asked the girls to pin his new rank on.  It is an honor to pin on a new rank and the girls took it very seriously.
Major Pound shaking the general's hand.
Russ addressing the Marines.
Lucy became a little emotional while he was speaking.
The Marines in formation during the promotion.
Our family with General Regner
Our family with our wonderful friend Mr. Chino.
Russ and Chino

General Regner's wonderful wife, Mary, took all the pictures for us.  Because she was taking the pictures I didn't get any of her.  It was so nice of her to come and support our family.







2 comments:

  1. Oh what awesome pictures! Please tell me about Lucy's emotions too! Great great post (my favorite next to the Dr. fish thing...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we could have been there. Congratulations!! Love Dad

    ReplyDelete