Thursday, August 15, 2013

Happy 14th Anniversary!

Yesterday Russ and I celebrated our 14th anniversary.  We don't really do very much in the way of anniversary celebrating except dinner together.  Since Russ buys me gifts pretty often for no reason and he is very hard to buy for, we just decide to spend the evening together and call it good.  (I know, I am such a romantic.)
So we got a little dressed up and headed out to a Bulgarian restaurant.  Now, you may be wondering what Bulgarian food is.  I had no idea until last night.  This restaurant was recommended to us by some friends and so we decided to try it out.  After our meal last night I will tell you that visiting Bulgaria is now very high on my list of places to vacation, just so that I can eat more of the food.  It was delicious!  We were so busy eating that we didn't take very many pictures of our food, but Russ quick snapped this picture of our appetizer.
 Those are tomatoes stuffed with a vegetable cream cheese.  So good!  Our dinner was just as delicious.   In my defense about being on the phone during our anniversary dinner, we were talking about a specific subject and had a question that my friend could answer so I sent her a quick text.  I was only on my phone for about 2 minutes during dinner.  Of course, that is when he decided to take the picture.

After dinner we walked around the area right outside of base for a little bit before we went to a pie restaurant for dessert.
A whole glass case filled with deliciousness.
Waiting for our pies.
 I LOVE fruit pies and this place makes them awesome.  I had a hard time deciding what I wanted so we ordered a few different things.
So I will leave you to wonder, did I eat all of that myself or did we share it?  Those of you that know me well will really not be sure as many of you have seen me pack quite a bit of food away.
One last kissing picture in front of the pie case.
Happy 14th anniversary to the love of my life.  There is no other person I would rather share this adventure of life with than you.  I love you more today than I did on August 14, 1999 when I said "I Do". 

1 comment:

  1. I sent you a text today to say happy anniversary, then realized it was 4am in Korea...Chris said I should not send a second text apologizing for waking you up :-)
    Happy Anniversary and thanks for being a great example to us. We love you and can't wait for you to come back to VA!!!!!! (sorry I said that) These pictures are great, you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete