Thursday, August 15, 2013

Taylor's Last Days of Elementary School

Taylor is getting ready to start 6th grade in a few weeks.  I am so not ready for middle school.  She is a mixed up ball of excitement and nerves all at once.  At the end of her 5th grade year she had a few big events that I wanted to share with you.

For the second half of the year she joined the choir and right at the end of the school year they had a small choir performance and even played a few musical instruments for the parents.
 They had practiced really hard and did a great job.  It was fun to watch her perform with her friends.

 The school had a small promotion ceremony for all 5th graders moving up to 6th grade.  It was the end of their elementary school years.  Unfortunately, Russ was traveling and he wasn't able to attend.
Her principal is giving her the certificate, her teacher is behind the podium.
Acting silly with her teacher.
With her 2 best friends from 5th grade.
Holding her promotion certificate and her rose.


And at the beginning of July she turned 11. 
She asked for a large stuffed animal.  I think we did a good job finding one.  Poor Russ had to lug this huge bear through the subways.  I really wish I had gotten a picture of that.


 She is getting so big and growing up so fast.  I am so proud of the young lady she is becoming. 
I can't believe this kid is getting ready to go to middle school.
Her first day of Kindergarten.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I remember that first day of kindergarten and how you cried (and then went out and bought expensive Halloween costumes to make yourself feel better!!! hahahaha) She is a beautiful girl and I look forward to seeing how God continues to reveal Himself in her heart in middle school! Hang on, Mom and Dad!!!!

    ReplyDelete