Friday, November 1, 2013

Navy Ball

Every service, Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps has an annual birthday ball.  For the most part our family has only been stationed at Marine bases and there have only been Marine balls for us to attend, but here at Yongsan (which is an Army Post) all four services host a ball.  Russ and I decided to try to attend a few of the other services' balls for the experience while we are here.  The first one that we have been able to make it to was the Navy ball in October this year.  The Marine ball is known to be the largest ball in Korea and the Navy ball is one of the smaller ones.   It was fun to see the similarities and the differences between the balls.  All the major things were the same, honoring fallen heroes, cutting the cake, passing the cake from the oldest Sailor to the youngest, long speeches, etc.  There were just a few small differences and those just could have been because we were stationed in Korea and the ball was so small. 

I didn't take very many pictures because, besides my dress, most of the pictures begin to look alike after a while.  But here are a few of Russ and I... 

All dressed up and ready to go.
They had a wall of sponsors that they wanted every one to take a picture with.
 They had some Sailors walking around in period Navy uniforms. 
Because it was the Navy ball we didn't know very many people but one of my friends was there so we had our picture taken together.

It was a fun night out for Russ and I.  I figure, any time I get to see him in that smokin' hot uniform is a good night for me.  Just a few weeks until the Marine Corps ball.  Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment