Monday, March 24, 2014

OINK

OINK is an acronym for "Only In Korea".  This is a real acronym, not something I made up. 

Here are a few OINK pictures:

Kic Ker Candy~
Instead of a Kit-Kat in Korea you can get a Kic Ker
Kit Kats are my favorite candy bar, so I was very excited when I found these.  Unfortunately, Kic Kers aren't very good.  I am going to stick to the real Kit Kats.

Female only parking~

At first, I thought these were pregnant women parking spots.  But after doing a little bit of research about these specially designated spots I found out they are for all women.  Here are the 3 reasons given for the spaces that I could find:

1.   They are always close to the building so that women do not have to walk as far to their
      destination
2.  They make the city more conductive to wearing high heels
3.  And the third reason is a direct quote from the website "Korean Beat"--
         The “pink lines”, painted pink, are 2.5 meters wide rather than the standard 2.3,
         offering aid to women drivers unskilled at parking.   

How awesome is that?

Motorbike Trash Collectors~
This was quite the contraption.  It was a motor scooter that had been modified to attach a trailer.  It even had a small covering in case it was raining the driver didn't get wet.  Do you see there is a man riding in back on top of the trash?


Dong Bang Snacks~ 
If you have been reading this blog for a while you know that I think Koreans are obsessed with toilets and poop.  I don't understand it, but this snack only helps to prove my point.  In Korean, dong means poop and bang means bread.  Literally, this is poop bread.

Nice poo swirl hat.
You could get the bread with all types of fillings.  We all choose chocolate.





 Seriously, OINK!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, the whole poop thing is disturbing. I don't think I could eat poop bread, even if I knew it was chocolate. Seriously, why?!?
    Love your posts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete