Thursday, May 2, 2013

Craft Cafe-Spring Break Part 1

I am behind in my blogging.  We have been going on too many adventures and not staying home long enough for me to write about them. 

A few weeks ago the girls had the week off for Spring Break.  We decided to have a stay-cation of day trips all over Korea instead of taking a big trip this year.    Russ took the week off and we planned fun trips to do things that are outside of Seoul.  We had a great time exploring different parts of Korea that we haven't been to yet.

A while ago I read about a crafts cafe in Seoul.  The first day of Spring Break was actually a teacher workday the Friday before the week off.   Russ had to work this day, so I thought it would be a perfect day to check out the craft cafe. 

The girls had no idea where we were going but were excited to be on an adventure and not in school.
I had really good directions and we found it with no problem even though it was in the middle of nowhere.  The girls were extremely excited when they realized we were at a cafe where they could do crafts.
The inside of this cafe was really cute; very eclectic decorations.
They had craft sets and craft supplies you could purchase and take with you to do at home.
On the other side of the take-home craft kits there was an entire area of crafts that you could purchase and do at the cafe.  They even had 2 staff members stationed in this area to help kids with their crafts.  The girls both love to do crafts at home and were so excited to see this area. 
The crafts were a bit pricey, but since this was Spring Break, I pretty much let them choose what ever they wanted to do.
This area is like a little piece of heaven for little girls.  Check out all the art supplies they could use.
Doesn't this just look like so much fun?  I'm not really an artsy person and I even wanted to dig into those paints and markers.
So much bling, so many possibilities.
Lucy decided to make a small wooden box and put her name on it and Taylor decided to make a cloth doll.
They both worked really hard on their projects and loved every minute of it.  The girls that helped them only spoke a little bit of English but had a great time working with my girls.

What did I do while they were working on their craft projects?  Well, I had gone there anticipating helping Taylor and Lucy but since they had people there to do that I sat and drank some coffee and enjoyed a relaxing few hours with my girls.
Sorry I forgot to take a picture before I drank it, but it was delicious.
The cafe had an entire wall painted in that chalkboard paint, so while they waited for their projects to dry the girls drew on the chalk board and played in a small house they had in the cafe.

Both girls told me on the way home that besides the dog cafe this was their favorite cafe that we have visited so far.  I told them there was a much greater chance of us returning to this cafe than there was the dog cafe.
Showing off their finished products with one of the girls that helped them.
Both projects turned out really cute.
On the walk back to the subway station we passed some beautiful bushes that were just starting to bloom and stopped to take a picture.
Our subway was very crowded on the ride home, but in Korea there is always room for one more. 
A final on the way home picture.
What a great start to Spring Break week of fun adventures in Korea.

1 comment:

  1. Now this looks like a fun place, not to mention some seriously good crafts! I am impressed! I think you need to come back to the DC area and start up some cool cafe, Russ can retire and you can have your own business? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete