Monday, May 13, 2013

Random Events In Our Lives-Part 2

Once again, I have a few different pictures I wanted to share with you all.  None of them make up a whole blog post but all together they make up for some fun adventures here in Korea.

I love the Avengers movie series.  My favorite character is Iron Man and Russ' favorite is The Hulk.  One day while we were in the toy store the girls called me over to them and this is what they had on. 
Lucy told me that even though I couldn't see her mouth she was still smiling in this picture.

 Lucy's class went on a field trip to a science museum a few months ago.  I was able to chaperone the trip and spend some good time with Lucy.
With her 2 friends before we went into the museum.
The museum only opened at 10 but we arrived at 9:30.  This was the chaos for that half hour in the museum lobby.  They ended up opening the museum about 10 min early I think to just get the 150 second graders out of their lobby.
Lucy driving a car...scary.
Some of the exhibits were really cool.  If you read my Dr. Fish blog, this was a Dr Fish for your hands.  The girls loved it.
Some of the exhibits were a bit confusing because they were all in Korean.  The girls just pushed all the buttons and moved on.
The only English I could read on this sign made me laugh "Excellent fermented food of Korea".  Who makes a sign of good fermented food?  If we are being honest, I have eaten most of the foods shown in this picture and they are actually very tasty.
On the bus ride home. 
 Taylor was recently awarded a certificate for being on the Honor Roll for the 3rd Quarter.  She was so proud.
Showing off her certificate with her friends.

Will and Jayden Smith recently visited Seoul to promote their new movie.  I have no interest in seeing the movie as it is a Sci-Fi film, but I was interested in seeing if we could get a glimpse of Will and Jayden.  We were actually able to see them a few times and got very close to them.  It was fun.
They walked the red carpet in a large mall in the middle of Seoul.  Behind that round sign was a huge stage and screen that they ended up standing on.
After we walked around we walked outside to see them arrive.  A lot of people came out to see them.
The young girls around us started screaming these ear piercing screams when they spotted Jayden.  It was so loud.
He was really personable and spent a lot of time interacting with the crowd.  We were close enough that I could have gotten his autograph if I had taken some paper with me.
We moved inside to hear their interview on the stage after they walked the red carpet. 
He was still signing autographs on the way out.

The lengths this child will go to not have to make her bed in the morning.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day.  Started with coffee and cards in bed.  Russ and the girls got me a new i-pod to replace my broken one.  Then after church we went to California Pizza Kitchen.  It just opened up near our house and I was so excited because it is one of my favorite restaurants in America.  I was a little nervous because often American restaurants in Korea don't taste like American restaurants in America.  But we were pleasantly surprised by the awesome food and the prices were not outrageous either.  It was a great experience and we will definitely be going back.
Pasta in bread bowl with a cream sauce.  I will start the diet tomorrow :)
They made the girls balloon hats.

That is all I will share for now.  Sometimes our lives here feel like one big adventure.  We are never bored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment