Friday, July 13, 2012

Moving Day

Finally, it is moving day.  I didn't take any pictures while the packers were actually at the house.   I didn't know how they would feel about having their pictures taken and put on a family blog.  But I did take pictures after they left.
This was our shipment of household goods going to Korea.  I don't know if you can see them but every box has a red number on it.  When they pack our stuff they make an inventory list of every box and it's contents.  Then when the shipment arrives at our new house I stand with that inventory list and check off every box and piece of furniture as it comes into the house.  This is a checks and balance system to make sure nothing is lost or stolen. 

Every time I go through a move and receive the boxes it is like Christmas opening them, but especially so on an overseas move because it has been so long since we have seen our stuff.  I can't wait to see my things again.   We packed out at the beginning of May and our stuff will arrive to Korea around the middle of July.

What am I the most looking forward to getting in the shipment?   Without a doubt...all of my shoes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment