Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Lucy Pie Kitchen

My girls LOVE the TV show "I Love Lucy".  It is hysterical to listen to them laugh as they watch the episodes.  I love "I Love Lucy" because I know that even if I haven't previewed the episode they are watching, it is good, clean entertainment.  So, imagine my surprise and excitement when I found an "I Love Lucy" themed cafe in Seoul.  Even better, it was within walking distance of the base.  Again, my directions were a bit sketchy (walk to the bank and go further, turn right at the 7-11).  And to make this adventure more exciting the only website I could find for this place was all in Japanese, which I was able to get a loose translation with Google Translate.  I actually had no idea how old the website was or if the place was still in business, but I knew the girls would love it if we found it.  Since it was close to home, we decided to go one evening after dinner so that Russ could experience the adventure with us.

We set off, and with today's awesome GPS technology it actually wasn't very difficult to find.   It was a very cute small little cafe that specialized in American style pie.  The girl that was working behind the counter spoke fluent English and told us that her aunt owned the place and she was just helping out for a while.  She gave us a bunch of free cookies and coffee because she it was our first time there.  The girls were thrilled with the "I Love Lucy" decor and the pies all looked delicious.  They had walnut, pecan, mint chocolate, mud, banana creme, cheesecake, blueberry cheesecake and sweet potato pie.   They also had a bunch of different cookies for sale.

We got a few different things and all of them were delicious.  We will definitely be going back again.




We bought these little snowball cookies.  They were awesome.

Snowball cookies, mud pie and a brownie.
We ate it all.
A look inside the cafe, it was really small, only about 6 tables.
"Mom, take a picture of me and the name Lucy."



No comments:

Post a Comment